Monday, December 08, 2008

Ho ho ho!


Wow- can't believe it is already the second week of December! Time is flying.

Here are some updates:
The more I get familiar with Seattle, the more I really enjoy living here. Of course I miss friends and family back in Ohio, but Seattle does have a lot to offer. 


Just bought my Washington state license plates today ($130!)- the car is now official- we no longer appear to be out-of-towners (well riding in the car atleast...). Thanks to the fantastic talents of Josh- my Vespa P200 is up and running (pictured above- currently nicknamed "patches")- although I have been too busy lately to get out on it.  The picture below is what it looked like when I got it last year.... Someday she will also get a paint job- but I am still kinda digging its current mismatched "rough and tumble" look.

We went out to Urban Craft Uprising this past weekend- a large annual indie craft fair at the Seattle Center- similar to my beloved Craftin' Outlaws- but twice as many vendors! Bought some cool stuff for friends. I had considered being a vendor but I knew I would be too busy to prepare for it- maybe next year ;)

I will be heading back to Ohio for the holidays- leaving on the 17th- and will be gone for 10 days. I will spend that first weekend in Columbus hanging with my girls- and spend the rest of the week in Sandusky hanging with family. The 18th is my birthday- and probably the first time in ten years that I have been able to spend it with family! Any orders placed through the site from the 16th and on will be put on hold until after the 28th.

I also completed my first quarter of graduate school- don't know if I have mentioned that so far in the blog. That was the main reason for coming out here to Seattle- to attend school at UW. I am studying Museology (a program on museum studies) and have had some pretty interesting courses so far! Keeping up with running Lucky Kat and going to grad school fulltime has been a little difficult at times- but things have remained pretty caught up most of the time. I have no plans to end Lucky Kat and do love what I do!

No comments: