Monday, February 25, 2008



I am hoping to put the finishing touches on the new site this week and hope to have it up and going by the weekend.  I am discontinuing most of the handpainted items I make to focus more on the bowling pins and jewelry boxes- the larger and more fun items for me to do.  So- to get out what I have left in the other categories- I put up a sale this week.  Any items still left when the new site goes live I will put in the etsy shop.  I do plan on doing frames again in the future- just different designs/ different technique- so that is something that I will revive again probably this summer.


I have been working non-stop on the site- which means a lot of time on the computer.  Because I am currently sick of all my cds I listen to the radio through Itunes.  My absolute favorite station is Devils Night- it is perfect.... pretty much enjoying every song they play.  It is a great mix of punk, new wave, classic country, 60s garage and soul, psychobilly, rockabilly, french pop, show tunes, etc.  I listened to it for the 14 hours I spent on my computer yesterday- and was only slightly annoyed twice by song choices.  I can't say I've ever said that about any other station I've ever heard!!  Check out their website and listen to it through there or you can find it under the 'Alternative' category on Itunes radio.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That station is the Best!!!

-morgan
devil's night radio:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Thanks Liz, Devil's Night is great listening :> I mostly spend all day listening to my iPod but DNRadio plays a great mix of Ramones HankWilliams Muppets TalkingHeads FrankieValli and the Girls in the Garage. Most of which is on me pod, but it's like listening to a friends instead...

Your tattoo art is great, really love the bags! You are an inspiration - a lovely young artist being cool in Columbus. Lifelong NYer here, feeling a but stifled by the riches and rudies that have moved in and squoze us natives out. I've been working on a collection of 40's style hats - feather toques and fascinators and stuff - hope to set up on Etsy this spring. Have you been pleased with Etsy as a seller?

Rock on!
Kimmie

Liz said...

Thanks Kimmie!

I would love to see your hats when you've got your Etsy shop going. I have been pleased with Etsy so far- their fees are certainly affordable and the whole community is very nice overall. It does seem like the kind of thing that the more you put into it (regularly listing new stuff, promotion, forum participation etc) the more you will get out of it.