Saturday, February 02, 2008

Wounded Heart Boxes

I just finished up a special order for the cool store Wicked Kitty in Corpus Christi, TX.  These wounded heart boxes will be shipped out and soon on display just in time for Valentine's Day gift purchases.  The handpainted wooden boxes feature box nails driven through the lid- and are a lot of fun to make!

 

In other news- I found this an interesting essay on the popularity and mainstreaming of tattoos and other body modifications.  I agree with a lot of what he writes but I think being a heavily tattooed woman adds another element to this.  I like to think of my tattoos as body decoration and piercings as accessories- the goal to enhance your appearance in a positive way.  I do realize that not everyone may agree that this type of enhancement is positive- but I try to stick to bright beautiful colors and lovely images of flowers, animals, stars, hearts, etc.  I am a lady that still wants to be pretty.  Getting tattoos not necessarily to show how different I am than everybody else or do I feel the need to kick some ass on a regular basis to remind people how tough tattooed people are.  I don't mind that because it has become more mainstream I have a better chance of not being discriminated against in getting a job, etc.  That I have suburban soccer moms coming up to me at the grocery store exclaiming that they love the art on my arms.  I actually like that.  

2 comments:

Josh said...

Tattoos are for sailors, bikers and pagans. -and Mr. Rogers.

Bootlegger84 said...

sweet boxes, i like the twisted nature of them since i am not a huge fan of valentines day!