Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Website

The photo is of the yummy heart shaped googley-eyed rice krispie treats that I made for my boyfriend on Valentine's day.  He ate one before I could take the picture hence the open spot on the left.  They look kinda gross in the photo but were much more appetizing in person...

So I am currently working on a new website.  Well actually same website- but a redesign.  Tweaking the colors, logo, layout, etc.  Right now I use Zen Cart for my shopping cart but have found another cart solution that I think I am going to go with that will give me more freedom with the design.  The functionality of Zen Cart is fantastic and I rely heavily on the backend to keep me organized- but I hate being so tied up in their template layout.  I am not a php or css whiz- so there is only so much I can do.  I have decided to create an html site with a php based cart built into it just on the shopping pages.  

The new redesign will ofcourse offer shopping but will also focus on me as an artist and promote my kustom work.  I do a steady amount of kustom work (which is my favorite thing to do) and that all comes from an almost hidden single link on the site.  I am anxious to see what sort of projects and ideas from customers I can get if I actually promote this bigger on every page.  I also need to update the kustom gallery- I have almost a year's worth of amazing work that never got added to it!    

1 comment:

Josh said...

the photo is, I'm afraid, all that remains of those treats. score!