Sunday, January 06, 2008

Art Show


I am participating in a group show at the Rivet Gallery (lo-brow designer toy and art gallery) here in Columbus for the month of February.  The opening will be on February 2.  So I've got less than a month to create something new.... It is so extremely rare in the past few years to actually paint something without the feeling that I should stick to themes and imagery that my customers want to buy.  I haven't made something just for myself since probably before art school.  But I find that the tattoo and rockabilly themes and imagery are still what I am drawn to and feel a bit lost in trying to figure out what else I want to paint- even if just for one piece in an art show.  I am thinking I want to paint a bowling pin- but I am also liking the idea of canvas since I rarely do flat pieces anymore.  Need to start brainstorming on that.....

  

No comments: