Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heartland Show

Today I finished my painting for the show at Rivet.   I just took a quick photo of it and don't think it does it justice.  Still haven't titled it yet.  I have recently become fascinated with owls and thinking also about the dual symbology that goes with the animal.  That of both wisdom (as a creature sacred to the Goddess Athena) and also of darkness and a messenger of death because of its nocturnal hunting abilities. I see these two sides as both meaning perception- the owl can see that which others cannot- so of course she is wearing glasses!  I enjoyed working on it and it will be up in the gallery for the month of February and is available for sale....

 Here is the poster (that Meghan made) for the opening reception on Saturday Feb 2 from 7-10p.  I will definitely be there.... 




No comments: