Friday, January 18, 2008

Photoshoot

I had a photoshoot yesterday for some more gals clothing with my favorite photog: Gretchen King- who has done most of my girls clothing photography over the past year or so and I had local models: Factory Girl and Bunny- who looked great.  I took a few shots of some behind the scenes- but unfortunately my battery died so I couldn't get that many.  Besides the two up there- I have a few more in my Flickr account.  Mostly we shot some new tops from other labels that will soon be added and reshot a few skirts and dresses to update current photos on the site.  I should be getting them all back by the end of the weekend and will be updating the site Sunday night or Monday morning.  


I think these shoots are so much fun- mostly because I really like to see the clothing on real people.  Usually I am sewing it and sending it out- and don't get to enjoy watching it move on a body.  It is that way too with the other labels I also carry- I just take it out of my inventory and package it up.  I also enjoy the shoots because back in the early days I modeled everything and HATED it.  I got really self-conscious, really bitchy, and then really picky about how I looked in them- plus I didn't have a professional photographer- just a boyfriend who did his best in my living room.  It feels like a luxury to just stand back and watch and give some direction here and there.  

I was originally going to suck it up and stand in front of the camera and have Gretchen take some photos of me as well to update those that are floating around (website, myspace, etc) because I look kinda different than those that were taken so long ago.  I have a lot more tattoos (sleeves almost done) and short blonde hair.  But considering my insomnia has been back this week and I have barely slept in about 5 days- I was looking (and feeling) a little rough.  I think I'll save that for the next clothing shoot or just schedule a time with her...   

1 comment:

Bootlegger84 said...

that is really cool, howd u get in touch with the photographer? i need some better photos of my stuff,,mainly i just need models. anyway, keep up the good work!