Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Years....

New Years Eve wrap-up.....

Despite not really having much of a plan and maybe ending up in a place or two that may not have been the most amazing to spend the evening- I did have a great time!  My lady friends, Josh, and I went first out to eat at Barley's- I had the peiorgies and sausage- not bad but not fantastic either- and my usual beer of choice if I am actually drinking beer: Abita's Purple Haze.  Lovely conversations about the intricacies of reincarnation were had.  Amy A. left us to attend another shindig- and we moved on to Mac's for a shot.  Literally walking in- put it down- and walking out the backdoor.  That place has really gone down on my list over since the nasty Reuben experience- so that is fine with me.     

Walked in the cold for a few blocks back to the Frog (Josh's new green VW) and hopped in.  Meghan suggested we go to Ravari Room as she knew some of the people supposedly playing there that evening.  Well, we got there- paid a cover- and apparently she was mistaken.  I drank a whiskey-coke and endured the rock-rap performance on stage.  Then suddenly it was almost midnight- we grabbed our free champagne shots from the bar in little plastic cups and toasted to the new year.  I also got a sweet smooch from my boy as well ;)

Trying to locate a couple of the parties we heard about- we eventually decided to go to one- luckily it was not too far from home.  Filled a cup with beer from the keg out back- and stood in the kitchen the rest of the night chatting away about this or that.  At this point- Ellen gets out the camera and snaps some pics.  Hopefully I can see those eventually!  I get a call from my brother who is out partying at BGSU- and say hello just for a moment.  Finally, it is time to head home and pass out.  

Josh and I did spend all day New Year's together doing nothing- but it wasn't really in bed this year.  We went and watched 'I am Legend' and I liked it more than I thought I would.  We also watched a lot of tv- I don't know anyone else I can hang with like that for hours on end- and be so content!  

1 comment:

Josh said...

together, we can excel at doing nothing.